d3 Solutions - Log Management Policy
The purpose of this policy is to outline the procedures for the management and retention of logs generated by information systems within the organisation.
This policy applies to all information systems that generate logs, including but not limited to servers, network devices, endpoints, and applications.
The following procedures should be followed for log management:
- All information systems must generate logs that record activities and events that occur within the system.
- Logs are collected and stored in a secure and tamper-evident manner.
- Logs are retained for a minimum period of 90 days, unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulation.
- Access to logs are restricted to authorised personnel only.
- Logs are regularly reviewed and monitored for security incidents or anomalies.
- Security incidents identified through log monitoring are reported to the incident response team for investigation.
- Logs are regularly backed up and stored offsite to ensure availability in the event of a disaster.
Exceptions to this policy are approved by the IT department and documented in writing.
Any employee found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Review and Revision
This policy will be reviewed annually and revised as necessary to ensure its continued effectiveness and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.